Monday, April 29, 2013

Welcome to My New Blog!

Whooo remembers this?

 

Now that I have that little gem out of the way, welcome to my blog!  Let me tell you a little about myself...
 
I've been a 6th grade middle school science teacher for 14 years at the same school (because obviously, I LOVE change).  In 2012 I sold my house, resigned from my teaching position, moved all my belongings two states away, bought a house, and got married.  I can't tell you how high I jumped when the new Mr. said, "just take the school year off, if you want".  I had dreamt of this moment for so long....a whole year to relax, take a cooking class, organize my pantry, learn to crochet, and get SKINNY!  YES okay, okay, you've talked me into it!!!  Well, it went something like that. 
 
 Nine months later, I wish I could tell you that I felt immensely accomplished.  I did spend plenty of time cooking,  and the new KitchenAid mixer did something wonderful to my soul.  The cooking class remains right there on my bucket list. The pantry was organized, for a while.  I learned to chrochet (YouTube rocks!) and made a couple of scarves for two precious people in my life.  In case you're wondering about the skinny part......I'm holding out for the 'big reveal'.
 
I'm not sure if I spent this time wisely, but I think my 'take away' is that life is best when there's a balance of work and play.  I am greatful for the REST, but I'm ready to get back to the classroom, to the kids, to what feels normal again.  I know I will need to find creative ways to keep my balance.  I'm really excited to start at a new school in my new hometown!  AND, I'm blogging!!!!   I will be telling you all about the job hunt over the coming weeks.....I'll need lots of support! :)
 
 
Sometimes in our exhaustion we can lose sight of what gives meaning to our lives.  What are your favorite things in life, and what do you do to keep things in balance?     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment