Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Goals - Linky Party


May, GLORIOUS May!  Although I'm not in the classroom this year, my heart is singing for every teacher out there who has put their heart and soul, sweat and tears, into educating kids.  For me, this month is a reminder that my year of rest will be drawing to a close.  I have so much on my mind in regards to the job hunt, I could easily obsess over it.  In my last post I talked about the need to find balance in my life, and this link party may be a great way to get started. 

Thanks to Jessica at I {heart} Recess for her 'Monthly Goals Linky Paty'


I {Heart} Recess



Here it is....



Personal
Be positive and stay open, for blessings can come in the most unexpected places!

Health
I've been eating better over the last few weeks and I need to round that out with some calorie burning.  I also have chronic back pain that miraculously disappears after only a few  trips to the gym. 

Blogging
Feels kinda weird to have this on my goals list since I have only been blogging for a few days.  I plan to just keep posting, start posting comments, and make some friends.

School
This is a big one.  I have submitted the routine applications at several school districts, but I still need to call each principal, introduce myself, and ask for an interview.  My electronic portfolio is complete, except for the educational philosophy section.  Why am I procrastinating over this?  Interview practice questions- probably the most effective strategy to getting hired.  I was happy to find a good list of about 50 potential questions, but it's a weeeee bit overwhelming.  And of course, a great outfit must be found!

Fun
To get my mind off of all the job hunting stuff, I need to have some fun.  Getting outdoors does that for me and here in the south, the pleasant weather wont last for long.  It doesn't really matter where, even working in the yard is therapeutic and makes happy.happy.happy. 

What are some of your goals for the month of May?  Head over to I {heart} Recess and join the party.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I just found you through the linky and am now your FIRST follower! I feel so honored!

    Happy Blogging!

    The Frizz

    The Frizz in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are the first. What a great surprise to wake up to! Let me head over and visit your page.

      I just added a grab button to my page, if you would like it. SO excited! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your personal goal! I am looking into a change and your goal hit home :) Thanks for linking up!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your personal goal. I know I can work on that too! I'm a new follower.
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete